Monday, February 15, 2010

Introduction

I've been toying with the idea of a blog for quite some time and decided now was the time to start. I'm a full-time student and spend my sparetime hunting for vintage treasures of all sorts, especially vintage sewing patterns and other fashion-related vintage items. The eras that appeal to me the most are the 1940s and 1950s, both with regard to the styles associated with those decades, but also the resourcefulness of women during WWII and how sewing truly is a lost art.
My love of vintage fashion stretches back as far as I can remember and I've always found fashion history extremely interesting, as well as the craftmanship involved when creating a garment, which has made me very critical of the quality (or lack thereof) of today's off-the-rack clothes. This lead me to attend a sewing course when I was in high school and I haven't looked back since.
Other than sewing, I take 1950s-themed dance lessons with my fella and we're also starting lindy hop classes this week.
This blog will mainly focus on my adventures in sewing. I use vintage patterns most of the time, but I also use vintage reproduction patterns and occasionally new patterns with a vintage appeal.

Here's a sample of my work:


Thank you for reading, I hope you'll be back :)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the fabric print - and the style is super! Great summery appeal - a very Hawaiian feel. :D

    ReplyDelete