I found this early 1940s pattern on eBay back in January:
Here's the front view:
And the back view:
You may recognise the printed cotton fabric from this dress. I simply adore the combination of light green and pink, not to mention floral fabrics, so I just had to buy several yards :)
This was the first time I worked with an unprinted pattern. I was a bit worried that the perforations would be confusing, but the instructions had a neat little layout explaining the functions of the perforations:
When I picked the pattern for the 'Poolside Pretties' category of the Summer Essentials Sew-Along, I initially thought that the mini sarong was a separate piece, however, it is attached to the bikini bottoms:
The bottoms provide a lot of control of the sarong and they actually have a much more flattering fit than I thought at first.
The alterations I made using this pattern were very minor. They are as follows:
Graded it up from a vintage size 12 to a vintage size 14.
Used snaps instead of buttons.
Did a pink top-stitch instead of applying the suggested rick rack trim.
Did not line the bikini top.
The outfit came together quite easily and I'm very happy with it. It is a very wearable set and I've worn it plenty since I finished it :)