I bought this pattern ages ago from Vintage Jubilee on Etsy:
I used a light-weight half panama weave with a citrus fruit print as well as some plain white cotton. Here's the front view:
And the back view (including awkward posture due to boyfriend cracking jokes):
This dress is one of my entries for the Summer Essentials Sew-Along. It was pretty straightforward to put together, but I did have to adjust the sizing; vintage size 14 Butterick patterns with a 32" inch bust fit my measurements very well without adjustments, but seeing as Butterick 8149 was made after Butterick changed the bust size of a size 14 pattern from 32" to 34", I ended up spending a lot of time fitting the bodice. I made a muslin of the bodice from the same white cotton used for the band, straps and bow. The citrus fabric is somewhat see-through, so I decided to use the bodice muslin as lining. The skirt isn't lined as I figured I'd wear a simple pencil half-slip with it.
Other than the bodice adjustment, I took about three inches off the skirt length.
Following Gertie's lapped side zipper tutorial, I did my very first lapped side zipper. Wonky stitches aside, I'm pretty happy with the results:
With regard to the Summer Essentials Sew-Along, I'm going to have to admit defeat. The description of the sew-along set the deadline as 'August-ish' and I think one week into August is as far as I'll push it. I had made a schedule for all five projects, but even when I'm not studying, I still don't have enough time. The halter top and pedal pushers will be finished later this month. The pajamas are still on my to-do list and will not be postponed indefinately, but I have not set a deadline for them yet. The 1940s bikini will, however, be revealed later today :)